Thursday 23 January 2014

Barbara Kruger Inspired Final Piece



These are my Final Piece Photographs personalized in a Barbara Kruger style.




These Bold words 'You wont see me cry' were chosen because of the narrative I previously wanted this picture to portray which was the projection to the outside world that every thing is okay when its not. I've also added smaller words on the fingernails of this photo which are symptoms of depression.






These bold words 'depression is a illness' was taken from the NHS website about depression, it stated that most people think that depression is a sign of weakness and it can easily be snapped out of which isn't true depression is infact a illness.
I've also added part of this article to the mirror in a dripping effect these words define depression and some of its symptoms briefly.




This image is my simplest composition as I think the words describe the picture fully. I've chosen to use these words because as I explained previously she feels she has none but herself so depends on the comfort of her stuffed animal which she knows isn't real so her subconscious speaks and tells us how she is feeling which is 'I'm Alone'.



Following the same principal of the other images I produced this piece. I've chosen to use the words 'Im not strong' because when you are depressed you don't particularly feel at your strongest and sometimes people who are depressed don't like to admit this, so in this picture the subconscious is speaking for my model telling the audience her true thoughts.
The green coloring on the letter 'M' really stands out and this was done purposely to again portray that she feels different from everyone else she feels like this letter 'M' like she doesn't fit in.




These bold words 'I'm Fine' are again common words used by those who are experiencing depression I've taken these words from a story from a website about people and they stories about depression. The smaller words on her arm define depression and state that it is not a sign of weakness this was taken from the NHS website.







 
I've chosen this lettering to challenge the many stereotypes people have about depression one in which is that 'He she is too young to be depressed' which again isn't true depression can effect anyone men and women young and old.
 
 
 

 
These bold words were taken from my earlier narrative I wanted to portray of the darkness carving in on her which is a common thing to feel when your depressed , you feel as thought the weight of the world is on your shoulders and your simply cant cope anymore. The mini words are taken from a article on the NHS website describing the symptoms in which most people experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment